You might have a big family if: May 18, 2010Posted by Tantumblogo in awesomeness, General Catholic.
Funny! Eric Sammons penned these funnies concerning what used to be very common, large Catholic families [with my comments]:
You might have a big family if…
1) You don’t park your van, you dock it. [not a van, but Suburban. We can have one more kid before we max it out].
2) When you go out for a family walk in the neighborhood, you need a traffic cop.
5) You have been asked hundreds of times, “don’t you know how they are made?” [at least hundreds of times, and most disturbingly, by fellow Catholics]
6) There is nothing “mini” about your van. [see post 1]
7) You are constantly asked the name of the day care you run when you go out.
8) You don’t have a shoe rack in your house, but instead a shoe room. [Lord, in my house, with my wife and kids, it's a shoe house]
10) You have grandchildren older than some of your own children [not yet, but whatever God wills]
Those are pretty good. Speaking of big families, my wife comes from a family with 9 kids (plus two waiting in heaven). Her father has 62 grandkids and 3 great grand kids. I love taking uptight waspy types to their frequent family gatherings.