They finally got us! March 13, 2012Posted by tantamergo in asshatery, Basics, error, foolishness, General Catholic, persecution, sadness, scandals, silliness, Society.
Those demonrats and their contraception mandate. They’ve finally figured our weak spot. They’ve finally figured how to shut us misogynist, antedeluvian agents of TEH PATRIARCY!11! up. In response to our opposition to the contraception/abortifacient/sterilization mandate, a certain female state representative in Missouri is now proposing to block federal funding for vasectomies! Oh………the horror!
Paul Friswold at the River Front Times is crowing over Missouri State Rep. Stacey Newman (D-St. Louis County) introducing a bill to “only allow a man to have a vasectomy when doing so would protect him from serious injury or prevent his death.”
Rep. Newman did so, she thinks (and Paul Friswold of the RFT thinks) in retribution for the GOP attempting to outlaw birth control as part of its “war on women.” [Do these people really believe what they write? There is no GOP attempt to "outlaw birth control." That statement is so outrageously false as to be libelous. What the Church, and many Republican lawmakers, are opposed to is the state FORCING private entities to pay for contraception, abortifacients, and sterilizations that are antithetical to their conscience and which Catholics believe are outright EVIL]
“Two can play at that game!” she thought. Only that’s not the game we’re playing.
This is what happens when you legislate based on your false premise…
Paul Friswold gloats:
“Also, [the legislation limiting vasectomies] could conceivably cause one of those right-wing bible-fondlers who are so certain that they have the authority to dictate what women can do with their bodies to choke on both indignation and irony. Bitter, bitter irony
My ability to express my incredulity at the hubris, the ignorance, and the hatred for religion and traditional morality routinely expressed by many on the left has reached the breaking point. There are so many things wrong with the above statement. Let’s list a few, from the Catholic perspective:
- No, shasat, we aren’t trying to dictate what “women do with their bodies.” We are trying to keep them from committing a manifest grave evil, but we’re not going to force them.
- As opposed to forcing anyone to do anything, the Church simply does not want to have to pay for evil acts antithetical to the Doctrine of the Faith and the constant belief of 2000 years. Obama is the one forcing matters here. Once again, the psychological projection of the left is astounding.
- We’re not “bible fondlers,” no matter what your particular perversions may lead you to believe. I don’t want to know what you do with your books.
- Faithful Catholics are not upset at “denying” public funds to pay for acts of grave evil
- Not all of us are so wedded to contraception and libertine, degraded views of sexuality that this proposed law would cause us the slightest discomfiture.
- As for the Church, this legislation you are promoting is exactly what the Church would like to see occur. The Church doesn’t want to pay for sterlizations of men any more than for women. Thanks for helping us out.
- The entire comment – FAIL
As Thomas Peters notes, the irony is so thick you need a Stihl MS460 chain saw to cut it. Far from “punishing’ us self-righteous misogynists attempting to force women into a lifetime of sexual slavery (also known as treating the gift of sexuality with great care, reverence, and awe within the marital embrace, always open to procreation, and upholding the dignity of women), this legislation achieves just the end we’d like to see – contraception, abortifacients, and sterlizations reduced at best to purely private functions never funded with public monies. The Church is arguing that it should never have to pay for these services, which have always been viewed as the most serious of sins (i.e., they are evil by definition). Soo….thanks for the assist!
But think on how the author, and this legislature, view this matter. Everyone wants to be sterilized. Everyone wants to utterly control their potential to procreate, no matter how decadent their sexual practices. Everyone ‘knows’ that the government is the dispenser of goodies, rights, and privileges. The greatest weapon the government has is the ‘denial’ of such privileges. Only women-hating neanderthals would be opposed to the HHS mandate.
If there were a polar opposite to everything the Church proclaims to be good, and true, and holy, it would be the sentiment summarized above. We’re in a fight to the finish.
If you think I’m exaggerating, some liberal women are planning a ‘sex strike.’ They won’t engage in promiscuous, or sterile, sex until……?????? Contraception is even more free and available? Until the Church capitulates? Once again, they’re actually doing the right thing but for entirely the wrong reasons.
One more data point - $1 abortions under Obamacare, and Obama plans to try to force all Americans to pay an abortion premium on their health care to subsidize that giveaway. This man is satanic. He must be stopped.