Michael Voris’ “tell-all” video – UPDATED September 6, 2013Posted by tantamergo in abdication of duty, asshatery, Basics, episcopate, error, foolishness, General Catholic, Holy suffering, persecution, sadness, scandals, self-serving, the return.
Because of prior association with CMTV and Michael Voris, a lot of what is below consists of things I’ve heard before. But, few others have, so here is the video where Michael describes what happens to an apostolate when they bring up those things certain bishops and bureaucrats find embarrassing:
If you missed the live broadcast Wednesday night, there you go. Michael has spoken in the past of these “whisper campaigns,” and how destructive they can be. Such has been conducted against Saint Michael’s Media/Real Catholic TV/Church Militant TV since shortly after its inception, when it failed to “stay in the middle,” that is, embracing the many progressive shibolleths of the post-conciliar Church. By being openly orthodox, Michael Voris offended against the cherished beliefs, plans, and programs of a very large section of the hierarchy. That’s it – it wasn’t tone, or politics, and certainly wasn’t the proclamation of any real error – it was simply that Michael Voris was giving too orthodox a presentation of the Faith, and that offended the sensibilities of the power that be.
And they be. Oh do they be.
UPDATE: When I first posted the video, I had not watched much of it (is anyone else having trouble getting it to play? One commenter complained). Having watched all of it now, some notes:
- Do you think any famous Catholic personalities will accept Voris’ challenge to get together and discuss why they won’t broach any of the forbidden, episcopate-embarrassing topics?
- How revealing was it when Archbishop Chaput said he couldn’t believe the massive pile of evidence against CCHD, because to do so would mean that a brother bishop (that would be Bishop Morin) had blatantly misrepresented, even lied, about CCHD and what it does?
- Isn’t it interesting that the ONLY bishop in the USA to ever get a criminal indictment over the child sex abuse crisis, when dozens of bishops were blazingly, criminally involved in cover ups and perpetuating the most horrible, soul destroying abuse, was Bishop Finn, and that was an incredibly weak case involving third hand involvement in child porn on a computer that he failed to report quickly enough? Compare that to Cardinal Roger Disciple of Bernadin Mahony, the very definition of an establishment insider, and his decades of what could well be lies under oath and far more egregious acts of deliberately covering up ongoing child rape in LA. He’s never faced even a slight slap on the wrist for his gross dereliction of duty and likely immorality. And isn’t it interesting that Bishop Finn is one of the very few bishops who has ever raised a voice of criticism of his brother bishops, such as, how they agree to be interviewed by the heretical National Schismatic Reporter? Do you see how the system works, now? Any bishop who bucks the progressive dominated system is very exposed, and very alone. It takes great courage to be even moderately orthodox, let alone the Saints we desperately need. And yet, the office has so much Grace……
- I find it amazing that senior Curial officials in Rome would be stunned by the opposition to the TLM by many bishops around the world. Please…..it was a miracle Summorum Pontificum got released in the first place, almost under cloak and dagger, because of all the opposition in the Curia!
- Key point – souls will continue to be endangered, gravely endangered, and the Faith will continue to weaken and collapse, so long as the crisis in the Faith is ignored. Apologetics is great, there is a huge need for it. Scriptural exegesis is great, let us have more and more. Catechesis…..Lord knows, Catholics are generally horribly catechized. But that brings us back to the point – WHY are they horribly catechized? Why are lay people having to shoulder such a huge share of the burden, which should really belong mostly to priests and bishops? Why is the Church collapsing, with millions of souls leaving the Faith every year? Until we collectively, loudly, vociferously, and consistently demand answers to these questions, nothing wil change, and SOULS. WILL. BE. LOST.
That is why all this matters very, very much.