Sister Carol Keehan visited White House 15 times October 21, 2010Posted by Tantumblogo in Abortion, disaster, General Catholic, sadness, scandals, sickness.
My favorite woman religious (no, really), Sr. Carol Keehan, visited the White House 15 times over the past year and a half. This includes 7 meetings with the president. That is an incredible level of access. To give you an idea of how important sweet Sr. Carol is to President Obama, Gen. David Petraeus, you know, the commander of our forces in Afghanistan and formerly commander of all of USCENTCOM, has only been to the White House 4 times in that timeframe. That doesn’t mean that Obama hasn’t met with Petraeus in other locations, but it gives a feel for how important Keehan is to Obama, and how key a role she played in getting Obamacare passed into law, especially with her giving cover to ostensibly pro-life Catholic democrats to support this disastrous bill. Some other notable names that have been in the White House less than Keehan –
- Jim DeMint, senior senator from SC – 1 time
- Barney Frank, a very important dem represenatative – 2 times
- David Obey, another key democrat – 9 times
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid – 10 times
- Chuck Schumer, another leading dem senator – 11 times
How many times did some other important Catholic leaders appear in the White House?
- Cardinal George, head of USCCB – zero times
- Cardinal-elect Wuerhl, Archbishop of Washington, DC – zero times
- Archbishop Dolan, Archbishop of NY – 1 or zero times (some person with the same name may have been to White House)
Well, you get the picture. Obama doesn’t want to meet with the senior leadership of the Church in the United States in order to have his administrative priorities and decisions influenced by Catholic doctrine, he wants to use progressive Catholics for cover to advance his policy agenda. Don’t believe me? Well, here are some other Catholics who have gained great access to the President:
- Larry Snyder, CEO of Catholic Charities USA has visited the White House 12 times, including 3 meetings with Obama. Catholic Charities USA was/is a strong supporter of Obamacare
- Lloyd Dean, head of Catholic Healthcare West, the largest Catholic Health Association hospital group (and the most profitable – non-profit is for suckers), and another Obamacare supporter – 4 White House visits including 1 meeting with Obama
- David Nolan of Catholics for Choice, three visits
- Chris Korzen, head of Catholics United, 4 visits
There’s a pretty clear connection. All those who have had access to the President and White House staff support Obama’s agenda in no uncertain terms. They are plainly involved in advancing that agenda. They seem to have determined that their support for “social justice” agenda items trumps numerous concerns by bishops and virtually all pro-lifers, and seek to advance the progressive agenda, and, specifically, the passage of a national socialist health care scheme, the great dream of progressives for decades. I’m sure there was also a great deal of strategizing, etc., and perhaps even some lip service was paid to trying to convince the most pro-abort President in history to make Obamacare ‘abortion neutral.’ The simple fact of the matter is, that was never going to happen, and you’d have to be deliberately blind not to see that. We had the most pro-abort democrat administration and congress ever – there was no way they would make Obamacare abortion neutral. Too much of their support and funding comes from the pro-abort side for that to ever happen.