jump to navigation

Federal judge OK’s Dallas ban on Exxxotica Expo at Convention Center           April 21, 2016

Posted by Tantumblogo in awesomeness, Basics, Dallas Diocese, episcopate, General Catholic, Glory, Grace, North Deanery, Revolution, sexual depravity, sickness, Society, Tradition, true leadership, Victory, Virtue.
trackback

Federal Judge Sidney Fitzwater issued a judgment early this morning declaring the Dallas’ City Council’s refusal to permit a repeat of last year’s disastrous Exxxotica pornucopia to be legal and constitutional.  Please be aware of the link, there are manifestly immoral images.  Note also, Dallas Morning News opinionist Robert Wilonsky is a secular pagan leftist, or at the least leans heavily that way.  His coverage is far from unbiased (he leans in favor of the “expo”).

I did not get to cover during my break from blogging the news that Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, and the majority of the City Council, had moved to block the “sexpo” from recurring.  This was in the face of very strong public opposition to this immoral activity, where, it is reported, instances of public nudity, immoral acts, and prostitution were observed.  It has not been reported, yet, whether Exxxotica will attempt to appeal this decision.  What the decision does mean, however, is that the event planned for next month has been definitively cancelled:

A federal judge has decided the Dallas City Council is within its rights to ban a sex expo from returning to the city-owned convention center.

In a 32-page opinion issued early Thursday, U.S. District Judge Sidney Fitzwater denied Exxxotica’s request for a preliminary injunction, which was filed in February after seven members of the Dallas City Council sided with Mayor Mike Rawlings’ resolution banning the porn expo from returning to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.

Exxxotica had hoped to return next month, following last August’s Dallas debut. Today’s ruling means that will not happen.

Exxxotica might appeal the ruling, or simply allow the case to go to trial. We are awaiting comment from its attorneys and organizers.

In a prepared statement, Rawlings said he was “pleased” with the judge’s decision, and said that w”hile this case is not over and this ruling does not guarantee what would happen at trial, I am extremely proud of the seven City Council members who had the courage to support this ban.”…..

…….“As lawyers who litigate constitutional issues, we were convinced that Exxxotica was advancing a unjustifiably expansive view of the First Amendment,” said Rob Walters, who represents the Dallas Citizens Council, which last week filed an amicus brief in support of the city’s position. “We applaud Judge Fitzwater for his careful and well-reasoned opinion and Mayor Rawlings and General Paxton and the State of Texas for their leadership on this important issue.”

Paxton added in a prepared statement that he was “happy to join the Dallas Citizens Council in this effort that allows the city of Dallas to be a place where businesses can continue to flourish.”

I’d like to thank, without naming them, the local parishioners who made up part of the legal team defending the City Council decision.  Dallas’ city attorneys, in another display of the pernicious infiltration of leftists into every imaginable nook and cranny of governance at all levels, had refused to defend the case in court, finding the ban supposedly unconstitutional.  Thus, the city has had to retain private attorneys to argue the case.

I’d like to also note that, contra the rhetoric we’ve heard from city officials in Oklahoma City, it does seem a city can fight a First Amendment case and even win, from time to time.  Prior to all the atrocities committed by satanists against the Lord, His Mother, and His Church in OKC, we were told repeatedly by the mayor and other elected officials that it was simply impossible to stop a black mass or a desecration of a statue of Our Lady because, ummm……First Amendment!  That was always bullocks, as I argued at the time, cities certainly do argue First Amendment cases all the time. We can see from the above that the black mass especially could have been blocked, as it occurred on city property. The fact of the matter is, the WILL to stop the blasphemy from occurring did not exist.

I remain convinced that the heavily evangelical OKC leadership simply did not care to stop this blasphemy due to their latent anti-Catholic bias.  Had it been a more protestant ox being gored, the reaction may well have been different.

I feel I now have even more evidence to support that supposition.  I, therefore, continue to believe that Oklahoma City is a hotbed of seething anti-Catholic bigotry, and should be boycotted by all faithful souls to the maximum extent possible.

I should add that it was up to Catholic laity (and other Christians and even secular groups) to oppose this moral monstrosity. Bishop Farrell was silent, as usual, presumably because the matter did not touch on prudential matters such as guns or immigration, only acts which can send souls  to hell for all eternity.  One must have one’s priorities, after all.

Comments

1. Baseballmom - April 21, 2016

Why yes, priorities man, priorities! Geesh!!!!

2. OKC continues to demonstrate its status as most vile anti-Catholic city in US | A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics - April 25, 2016

[…] Convention Center.  Amazingly, when the producers of the Expo sued on First Amendment grounds, the City of Dallas won, at least at the district court level (no word yet on whether the Expo producers plan to appeal), […]


Sorry comments are closed for this entry

%d bloggers like this: