Thank you kindly for all your interest in help out with my need this time. I really appreciate that, God reward you.
In the first place, I am Rev. Mr. Charles Ike, the FSSP seminarian from Nigeria, studying at Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary (7880 West Denton Road, Denton, Nebraska 68339. USA).
My priestly ordination is coming up by August 15th 2017, and it is going to in Nigeria, as no one there could come for my Diaconate ordination, which was in March this year.
But for me to have my priestly ordination in Nigeria, certain preparations have to be made thus before the Ordination:
• Printing the ordination Holy Cards.
• Printing Announcing cards for friends, priests etc. as this is going to be first priestly ordination in the Old Latin Rite in Nigeria since the Second Vatican Council.
For the Ordination:
• I will need to get my ordination vestments, that is, a Ordination vestment for the Ordinandi
• A Solemn Mass set for ministers
• My airplane ticket
• I will need to fly 7 seminarians to help out and support the ordination ceremony over there.
After the Ordination:
• Also a car. As a new priest, my priestly obligations require a means of transportation.
And all these money, if raised will be used to help with the Ordination and priestly obligations………
……This means so much to me, because it is going to be my greatest event in life. I have been studying and working towards its fulfillment so many years now, as we study seven years at the seminary, and this is my final year.
The reason I am applying for this aid is because, while in the United States, I operate on a student visa, which does not allow me to do any kind of work to sponsor myself financially.
Help Support First Traditional Nigerian Ordination in 50 Years October 18, 2016Posted by Tantumblogo in awesomeness, Basics, Dallas Diocese, General Catholic, Glory, Grace, Latin Mass, manhood, priests, Restoration, sanctity, Society, Spiritual Warfare, the struggle for the Church, Tradition, Victory, Virtue.
We have had the pleasure of knowing Rev. Mr. Charles Ike for the past few years. For at least the past two, and maybe three, years, Deacon Ike has been one of the seminarians sent from the Fraternity seminary to assist our local priests with Mass and other duties during Holy Week. Each of those visits, he’s stayed for 2 weeks or so.
Rev. Ike is to be ordained August 15, 2017. Because his family could not possibly afford to fly to the states for his ordination, it is being held in Nigeria. Actually, why don’t I shut up and let Deacon Ike apprise you of the situation himself: